baslinux - [BL] Netscape browser and BL

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org (baslinux)
  • Subject: [BL] Netscape browser and BL
  • Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 22:32:04 +0000

I notice there is a netscape.tgz package in the slackware 4.0 libraries. Its
quite large. I also notice that when installing the icewm.tgz from the BL
addons there are references to Netscape in the menu. A coincidence? Is this
Netscape package complete or does one have to download other libraries like
when installing Opera? Like I said the package is large for BL. I know
Netscape is no longer actively supported but when I used it before I always
liked it better than MS IE. If the package is complete it might be better
than the piecemeal install of Opera. (This email should be plain ascii or so
I specified.)