baslinux - [BL] Firefox plugins

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Firefox plugins
  • Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 00:26:49 +0000 (UTC)

about:plugins reveals only the two default plugins.

I have in /firefox*/plugins also mplayer which I copied there manually.

But I have under tools Adblock Plus, and I can click on it to add filters.

Mplayer plugin was supposed to go to /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins which does not exist.

I found adblock directory in /root/.mozilla/firefox/kt*/ with patterns.ini (from the subscribed service?). Where is the actual plugin?

adblock .7.5.5 works with Firefox 1.5 or Seamonkey 1.0 or later.
adblock 1.0 is for Firefox 2 and Seamonkey 1.1 or later.

Using Seamonkey itself I searched for Adblock for Seamonkey 1.1, and got only one version, the latest (1.0.1). You must be administrator to install to Seamonkey and it affects all users. I was asked to subscribe to a filter and I now have Adblock Plus Preferences under tools.

I don't have a /root/.seamonkey (as expected since this is for all users) so where did seamonkey adblock go?

Under advanced I searched for Seamonkey/linux extensions and got 149 matches. 3460 for Firefox 1.5. Which ones do people here recommend?

There is an mplayer plugin version for firefox at linuxpackages.net.
How do we install and use linuxpackages plugins while running firefox from its own directory?

Sindi Keesan

  • [BL] Firefox plugins, baslinux, 03/31/2009