baslinux - Re: [BL] links2ssl floating point exception

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] links2ssl floating point exception
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 07:22:27 +1300

Message from Steven
===================

> Downloaded Links2 and installed. When I try to
> run get error message "Floating Point Exception".

Are you running BL3 or BL2? If it is BL3, have
modified it in any way? For example, have you
upgraded the libraries? Or changed the kernel?
Or deleted any files that you thought were
unnecessary?

Where did you get the links2 program? How did
you install it?

Are you running the floppy version of BasicLinux?
Or are you running the DOS version? Or have you
installed BasicLinux to an ext2 partition on your
harddrive?

If you are running the floppy version or the DOS
version, you only have a small amount of space to
work with. There is no room for links2 in the floppy
version. There is room in the DOS version, but not if
you have filled the space with other things.

Alternatively, there might not be enough RAM available
on your computer, or your screen resolution may not be
sufficient. VGA (16 colors) is not enough. You need
at least 256 colors for graphical links2.