baslinux - [BL] setup for Lucent modem

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] setup for Lucent modem
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 10:10:07 -0500

Any PCI internal modem by Lucent/Agere will also work but
you need to download and insert a couple of driver modules
and make the pertinent devices.

Please detail for me what I need to download, how and where to install and what devices need to be created. The hardware involved is a Compaq Presario 2100. As I mentioned, the hard drive is gone. As a side note (for your amusement) the repair shop I took this laptop to for repair wanted $1500 to do the job.