baslinux - Re: [BL] USB keyboard problems

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] USB keyboard problems
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 16:49:32 +0000 (UTC)

The USB 2.0 fix did not prevent the keyboard timeout problem but it took longer than usual.

When the keyboard timeout occured, it only affected one terminal. It also eliminated my serial connection (every time). In addition to ppp-off, I fixed this by removing the lt_serial module, killing the ssh connection, and then redialling.

Maybe there is a blown fuse in the PS/2 keyboard port.

Next experiment is to remove the modem and try a 33K external one.

BL is far more usable than Knoppix or Ubuntu, both of which crashed during boot (one setting up user settings, the other just went black). Not only is it good for old hardware, it works on broken new hardware.

I will also research Port 7 over-current charge.