baslinux - Re: [BL] Hi. About Basic linux 2 and 3.

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Hi. About Basic linux 2 and 3.
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 12:53:46 -0400

"I was reading the pages about basic linux an his versions (2 and 3), and the additional packages that they supports (Slackware 7 and 4 respectively).
The newest version of BL only accept packages from oldest Slak(Slackware 4)? The Previous BL only accept pacckages from Slack 7?
This is not so clear for me. Can yuo help me to understand?."

I believe it's because Slackware 7 had glibc2, from which I can read here: http://www.basiclinux.com.ru/library.html was too heavy for older computers. So it's been replaced with libc5, which Slackware 4 uses.