baslinux - Re: [BL] ftpd

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ftpd
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 20:05:46 +0200

baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:
Samir, please explain again how to start your ftpd. I have the ftpd.conf file in /etc but typing ftpd appears to do nothing.

You need to supply path to ftpd.conf and tcp port

To start ftp daemon use

fptd /etc/ftpd.conf 21

and try to log in with some names and passwords inside ftpd.conf

pure-ftpd uses my regular login and password without a conf file and works. About 20x as large.

While hunting for this info I relearned that BL3 has an ntfs.o, not only a vfat.o module. Can one copy from ntfs with it, or just read ntfs?
NTFS writing is taboo even in 2.6 kernels. So, assume that it is reading. However, I remember old password breaker programs which were capable to write to NTFS partition if the size of the file was not changed.