baslinux - Re: [BL] I/O ports for add-in IDE controller and BL3 /proc/pci

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] I/O ports for add-in IDE controller and BL3 /proc/pci
  • Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 01:08:26 +0000 (UTC)

We were unable to get BL to work at all with the add-in PCI IDE controller, but Windows worked with that driver, and could find its CD-ROM drive (on ide3). Without the card, Windows boots a few seconds faster (despite much much slower measured hard drive transfer speed -- 2 MB/sec
instead of 30MB/sec) but cannot find any CD-ROM drive we attached to ide1 as master or slave though it does find hard disks there.

DOS worked fine either way and found the CD-ROM drive.

We took out the card and are using the slow onboard IDE controllers.

Apparently nobody on this list has experience with these cards. I wonder what Ubuntu did right. It obviously found the CD-ROM drive since it booted from it. BL could not find any attached IDE/ATAPI drives.