baslinux - Re: [BL] tcc and gcc now downloadable

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] tcc and gcc now downloadable
  • Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 20:28:14 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 3 Oct 2007, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

I created my site with addons for BasicLinux

http://www.geocities.com/megaribi//BasicLinuxAdditions.html

Currently uploaded:
upx, tcc, gcc, lexbison, nasm, gawk, p2c,f2c, bc, pari-gp, arena and spice2.

I downloaded tcc.tgz and installed it. It worked to compile the relatively simple program base64.

gcc-2.95.3 compiled it to 37,100 bytes which stripped to 6,944 bytes and then upxed to 4818 bytes.

tcc compiled it to 15,380 bytes which stripped to 6,956 bytes, and upxed to 4504 bytes.

Both stripped and upxed versions of base64 converted base64.c to a file with the same md5sum.

So tcc produced a slightly larger stripped [upxed] executable.

I then tried to compile msmtp, with default configuration. It configured, but complained about some file not having a ';'.

Sox. ./configure worked. make exited with an error about a file not containing 'l'.
In file included from sox.c:25:
In file included from st_i.h:18:
st.h:83: ':' expected

Tcc is probably fun to use when writing your own little programs in c.
It is 64K and gcc is 70K. gcc has lots more additional header files (and documentation, and additional executables.)

It is tricky to get most recent programs to even compile with gcc 2.95.3.

Sindi

The remaining programs announced on the site I will extract from MuLinux
and slackware.

Samir