baslinux - Re: [BL] HD boot problem

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] HD boot problem
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 13:04:02 +0100

baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:
Message from Steven
===================
Eric Baillie wrote:
I have installed baslinux to a old 486 laptop.

Did you install from the DOS version or the floppy version?
They work in two different ways.

When booting from the HD boot stops at the welcome to baslinux screen

Do you get a full screen of writing (including HINTS FOR
NEW USERS)?

I have a blinking cursor but cannot enter anything.

Are there any error messages visible?

I can boot to HD from a floppy and so far everything seems to work.

It sounds like you installed from floppy and are trying
to boot from lilo. Is that correct? If so, please
explain how you installed lilo, in particular whether you edited /etc/lilo.conf and whether you executed: -------
lilo -v
-------
and what did it say?