baslinux - Re: [BL] SSL pages

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] SSL pages
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 02:00:55 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 2 Jul 2007, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Hi list,

What do you recoomend for viewing SSL web pages? I've tried lynx,
links, links2 thus far. Would it be worth the effort to get netscape
going? I'm missing(?) two libs g++ and stdc. Seen some posts about
those two, but not a solution yet - I gave up for the moment.

The lynx uclibc-static 2.8.6 compiled by Karolis ought to work.
I posted it at my site as http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/lynx-2.8.6rel4-2_2.4.tgz.

It comes complete with cert.pem but there is a newer cert.pem out now which is also at my site as cacert.pem.gz (June 6 2007) which you gunzip and rename replace the old file with. This keeps it from asking you about certificates at various sites.

The documentation is available separately in lynxdoc-2.8.5rel1.tgz for an older version that I compiled for glibc 2.2.5.

Which page, for instance, can't you view?

> Thanks!
Chris