baslinux - [BL] dosbox

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] dosbox
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 20:17:03 +0200

hey all

this may sound stupid and useless, and maybe impossible, but....

i tried to run the dos version of basic linux in dosbox.
i just followed the instructions for normal dos, except i had to mount a virtual drive at my desktop.
so i mounted c: on the desktop, unzipped to baslin(using Mac os X 10.4)
first i tried to just type boot, but it came up with the dosbox command boot, so with cd /baslin/ i got in the right directory, and tried again.
now it looked like it did something, it said something about linux, after that, it began performing some checks i think, because it said the processor architecture or something was wrong, something wit a 5 and to characters instead of 486/386
and there was not enough memory.(8 MB needed i thought, i have 256, so i think that has to do with the settings of dosbox)
i can make a screenshot of it, but then my mail gets over 40 KB

i don't know if this is useful, or if i can get help with it.
it reminds me of puppy linux, there is a version that runs from a usb stick in a emulator.
and they did something with syslinux for booting from usb i thought.
it only worked with linux and windows, dosbox however has version for nearly every operating system.
it would be cool to do that with basic linux, maybe for newer old computers or old usb sticks... lol

maybe i should post this on the dosbox forum if i want help.
but maybe you like it....

how many members are there on this mailing list actually?

bye,
pepijn