baslinux - [BL] ghostscript 8.54 package

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] ghostscript 8.54 package
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 16:21:52 +0000 (UTC)

Message from Sindi:

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/gs-8.54-HP-noX.tgz

Package includes gs binary (with Use.htm), ps2pdf (with Ps2pdf.htm) and pdf2ps and ps2ascii, Fonts.htm, support for deskjet, laserjet IIP, ljet 5/6, p?m(raw) (used by netpbm and svp), bmp256 (for svp), and no display capabilities. Use svp/svgalib which I also compiled and posted to view (very fast and easy to use).

This time I added jbig2 support, needed to view some ps files.

Use for viewing and printing pdf/ps, and to convert to ppm format for use with netpbm. Converts pdf to ps 1.4 (which older versions of gs will not read). To change this edit ps2pdf14 to change 1.4 to 1.3.

I omitted most of the documentation (about 11MB).

2.7MB binary, 1.4MB package.

Unfortunately you need the full ghostscript fonts package
(in /usr/local/share/ghostscript/fonts or /usr/share/ghostscript/fonts with a symlink to the former until I can figure out how to remap things to use just one set of monospaced and one set of other fonts instead of 3MB.

I compiled without X, so should work in BL3 with glibc2.2.5 added (from Slackware 8.1) -- libm.so.6 libc.so.6 ld-linux.so2

This works on my computer but I have older versions on there already. Let me know if something is missing.

  • [BL] ghostscript 8.54 package, baslinux, 04/29/2007