baslinux - Re: [BL] Hi

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Hi
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 17:24:28 +0930

Thanks, I tried installing glibc2 but still couldnt compile jamvm. I'll try j2re1.4.2

baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:
Message from Steven
Jason wrote:
I'm interested in trying to get a jvm running in basiclinux

I've run the java runtime on BL2 (glibc2). BL3 normally runs libc5 (which is older/smaller than glibc2); however, you can upgrade BL3 to glibc2.

I think the jamvm + jikes will get me what I need

If you're lucky jamwm might compile on libc5. That would
make things easy.
I havent found any slackware package for jamvm anywhere.

For BL2, I downloaded the Linux j2re1.4.2 runtime package
and it worked fine.