baslinux - Re: [BL] MPlayer help

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] MPlayer help
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 12:31:01 +1000

Hi Folks,

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 13:03:59 +1300, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

> Message from Steven
> ===================

> Ron wrote:

>> None of the MPlayers that I have in BL2 or
>> BL3 have managed to play this stream, and
>> it may well be that I haven't asked them
>> nicely enough.

I should have added: I am using BL2.

>> http://abc.net.au/streaming/774/774stream.asx

> That's a playlist file for the following:
> ------------------------------------
> mms://media3.abc.net.au/774melbourne
> ------------------------------------
> I'm listening to it right now. It's a 20kbps stream,
> coming in nice and steady. I had to up the volume a
> bit, but otherwise a perfectly good stream.

I tried that in BL3 - and it works !

>> http://abc.net.au/streaming/774/774stream.ram

> That's a playlist file for the following:
> rtsp://media1.abc.net.au/broadcast/774melbourne.rm
> I'm listening to that now. It's a 44kbps stream and
> is breaking up badly on my dialup connection. Not
> recommended.

In BL3 - this also works !

For reasons that escape me, I cannot get either of these from inside
BL2. I have even carefully matched the codecs directory between BL3 and
BL2, but to no observable progress.

Thanks to Steven and Sindi - at least I will be able to give a good
friend in Canada a URL on which he (and I) can listen to live cricket
commentary from the World Cup in the West Indies.

Regards,
Ron

Ron Clarke
Tadpole Tunes http://www.tadpoletunes.com