baslinux - Re: [BL] long filenames 32

  • From: liamgo <liamgo AT nsclub.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] long filenames 32
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 16:52:54 +0800

mc is good for us people people who came from DOS.
I am late with reading the mail...

If in case you feel like using links with mc ...

In case you do not like lynx, you can...

1. Press F9
2. Select 'Commands'
3. Choose 'Extension file edit'

This opens the bindings, sort of like mime.cfg of Arachne.

look for

#html
regex (blah blah blah)

put a '#' on the 'View= (something)'
to ...

View=%view{ascii} links -dump %f;

example:

# View=%view{ascii} lynx -dump -froce_html %f;
View=%voew{ascii} links -dump %f;

If that works, then it does, if not, I do not know how to go about it. I tried this with Red Hat 8.0.

If it works, you can uninstall lynx if not, better delete the newline you added and then unmark the '#'

example:
View=%view{ascii} lynx -dump -froce_html %f;

William