baslinux - Re: [BL] BL PCMCIA configuration

  • From: Karolis Lyvens <karolisl AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL PCMCIA configuration
  • Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 16:53:41 +0200

On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 10:30:29AM -0000, Simon Atkinson wrote:
> First off -- so that someone could possibly help me -- I need to get
> the error listing in a message on this forum, but I can't find any
> diagnostic log files under /var or anywhere else. If there are any,
> where are they stored?

I'm not sure about BL2, but BL3 doesn't generate any logs automatically.

> Or how can I generate a log file of PCMCIA error messages when running
> /etc/pcmcia/start?

Try this command (it will dump all output from /etc/pcmcia/start to
/home/the_pcmcia_log.log):

---
/etc/pcmcia/start > /home/the_pcmcia_log.log 2>&1
---

Also, after that, this command might provide some information too:

---
dmesg > /home/dmesg_log.log 2>&1
---

If you replace the part after the ">" (including ">") with "| less",
then you'll see the output in a pager.

Karolis