baslinux - [BL] mplayer and Encyclopedia Britannica

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] mplayer and Encyclopedia Britannica
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 21:59:38 +0000 (UTC)

A neighbor gave us a bunch of old software on CD for Windows 3.1 or later or Mac.

The two Mayo Clinic CDs (family health and family pharmacist) contain a large .mv file that I can't access and a bunch of .dll files.

Encyclopedia Britannica has 250MB of multimedia directory with mp3 and mp4 files. I am viewing an mp4 about plants with some nice microscopy. System Requirements MSWindows 98SE or later or OS 10.2, 350MHz or faster processor (it is 3x5" - for a full screen movie I need 600MHz), 256MB RAM (I actually have that) and 275MB hard disk (or use the CD).

The mp3s are audio only. Tuba scale. The snake mp4 showed a sidewinder.

I can't figure out how to access anything else in here.

  • [BL] mplayer and Encyclopedia Britannica, sindi keesan, 02/08/2007