baslinux - Re: [BL] KXPR

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] KXPR
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 20:02:37 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

Another list member suggesting classical music at KXPR-FM.
http://66.225.205.99/listen.pls

Forget about the listen.pls. The streaming
address is: http://66.225.205.99:80/

20K

It's actually 16kbps
The website said 16K but mplayer said 20K.
I will check again.

Bitrate: 20kbit/s

big_values too large!

mgp123: Can't rewind stream by 219 bits!

I am using mplayer, not mpg123.

They are playing some horrid modern classical piece now.
Without spurts. I caught it at a bad time before.

the music is coming through in 1-2 second spurts.
The voice sounds like The Monkees.

It's working perfectly fine for me. Although it's
playing some awful show tune at the moment.

BTW, I sent you a list of streaming classical stations
suitable for dialup about two weeks ago. Didn't any of
them suit you?

I will check them out, and the NZ station, soon. Flooded with emails and work recently (and lots of formats to convert). Can't listen and get much else done at the same time with my typical 42K connection.

kuat and kwtu are good. I made scripts for numerous k and w stations (all ending in m) to use with mplayer, also a rad script to access them, at my site. Will add yours after checking them out.