baslinux - Re: [BL] plip connection in BL1 and BL2

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: Christof Lange <cce.zizkov AT volny.cz>, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] plip connection in BL1 and BL2
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 18:46:24 +0000 (UTC)

We just tried to use a laplink cable with someone else's computer and the parallel port is not working correctly, with llpro. We have one laptop which works with llpro but not with linux plip. Parallel ports on laptops
do not seem to be very standard.

llpro said this port failed the test. The serial port worked (but too slowly to be very helpful).

I have at least one desktop parallel port (I think in an MGA card) that also works with llpro but not plip.

If you have pcmcia slots and networks cards try those instead.