baslinux - Re: [BL] ELMO: no X mail client

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: BasicLinux List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ELMO: no X mail client
  • Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 08:36:25 +1300

Alejandro Lieber wrote:

> I have used ELMO mail client in Damn Small Linux.
> A very interesting program.
> Reads, composes, sends and receives autenticated POP3 and SMTP.
> Aproximately 200 kb.

Doesn't it have some big dependencies?
For starters, ncurses is 270 kb.

> If it can be included in BL3, a lot more users will use it.

It's too big for the base BL3. As for add-ons, we already
have Sylpheed (which I like a lot).

> Does not need X windows.

BL3 has X, so that's not an advantage. If ELMO used X
instead of ncurses (which is not in BL3), it would be
easier to fit into the base BL3.