baslinux - [BL] About music and video

  • From: Hermang Mansilla <herman_blues AT yahoo.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] About music and video
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 17:27:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
Thanks Ron Clarke for your suggestion about workbone.

I am testing BasicLinux 3.4 in two machines:
One is a 486dx2-66MHz and the other is a Pentium3
I have no performance problems on the Pentium3, but
I would like to setup the 486 as a backup desktop.
I have realized that the 486 is not fast enough to
play videos like mpg and videoCDs, but I would like
to try with a Creative Labs DxR2 video accelerator.
Is there a module in the default kernel for dxr2?

I also want to use my TV tuner card with BasicLinux
it is based on bt848, Which modules do I need?

Is there a xawtv that work with BasicLinux?

Thanks
Bye,
-HHMM