baslinux - Re: [BL] How do BasicLinux use some recent Slack Linux packages?

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] How do BasicLinux use some recent Slack Linux packages?
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 15:44:12 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 5 Jul 2006, Karolis Lyvens wrote:

On 7/5/06, 赵刚 <merryzhao AT 126.com> wrote:

When I use gcc in Basiclinux,I run into some troubles(when g++ compiles C++
language programs).

Some people tell me:I must upgrade my gcc,but I don't know how bsiclinux
use gcc recent SlackLinux packages.

http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/baslinux/library.html
After you handle this and some other dependencies gcc may require, you
should be able to use gcc from Slack9.0... Use ldd -v to check
dependencies

Would you need to install glibc-so from Slackware 9.0 to use this gcc?

http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/baslinux/
just says:"Note: packages from later Slackwares are not compatible with
BL3. "

Some packages will work if you upgrade glibc to match the Slackware version. Some X programs will still not work because they need a later Xlib or other X library. I just checked out xgames.tgz from Slackware 7.1 (in BL3 with libc6 added from SW81) and some of the games work, some don't (something missing in one or more X libraries).

Could you give a hand?

Best regards
mathew