baslinux - [BL] ERROR 30 :R/0 file system loop BL3.40 using scsi kernel

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] ERROR 30 :R/0 file system loop BL3.40 using scsi kernel
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 15:46:03 +0000 (UTC)

I have BL3 and BL2 on a scsi drive and DOS on an IDE drive (because my SCSI adaptor apparently will not boot from a scsi drive).

I compiled a scsi kernel (built-in scsi so I could boot linux on a scsi drive).

I have BL3 loop on the IDE drive and I ran it just now to fix the scsi drive, which was reporting I/O problems in BL2 (/dev/sda2).
I ran badblocks -v -s /dev/sda1 blockcount
(blockcount is the number of blocks in the partition, which you look up with fdisk /dev/sda).
No problems.
-v and -s give you verbose progress reports.

e2fsck found and fixed problems with BL3 on /dev/sda1. BL3 does not run it at boot.
e2fsck found no problems with /dev/sda2 (BL2)
e2fsck -b 8193 found and fixed a summary information problem.

I then tried to edit a file with pico. I could edit on the DOS drive
/DOS/baslin but not within the linux file system.

ERROR 30 :R/O file system.

What might I have left out of my kernel? It works well enough to boot loop linux, or is that part of initfs.gz (loop ability). Should I be insmodding loop to be able to write to the linux file system after booting? (I don't have any of the 2.4.31. in the loop version and I used that kernel since I had it handy already for use with USB/scsi).

  • [BL] ERROR 30 :R/0 file system loop BL3.40 using scsi kernel, sindi keesan, 05/19/2006