baslinux - [BL] Backspace solved

  • From: "mikkel meinike" <mimeini AT gmail.com>
  • To: BasLinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Backspace solved
  • Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 15:00:58 +0200

He!
Just a little happy information that I have finally fund a solution on
my backspace problem in X11. It has taken me a long time to find out
and then it was so simple. Start X11 (by typing startx), start an
xterm, type
xmodmap -e "keycode 22 = BackSpace"
I found out by browsing the mail archive with google
site:lists.ibiblio.org +baslinux backspace
Until yesterday I did not understand that the number here 22 was the
"name" of the key and the "name" here BackSpace was the name of the
function that the key should execute. (I tended to understand it just
the other way around that BackSpace was the name of the key and 22 was
the function that it should execute)
Also I found out how to send in plain text with gmail.
/Mikkel