baslinux - Re: [BL] BL-3.40 and Lucent linmodems

  • From: Ken Martwick <kenm AT surfbest.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL-3.40 and Lucent linmodems
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 15:17:18 -0800

Hi,
After several false starts, I have finally learned how to produce a
Slackware package for the Lucent "linmodem". It installs perfectly
on a "fresh" loop installation of BL-3.40. Neither bash or the full
modutils package is needed, as the script is portable and "depmod" is
included. It is necessary that "pppsetup" be told to use "/dev/modem"
and that the following two lines be added to "/etc/rc":

insmod lt_modem
insmod lt_serial

I was too much of a coward to try to modify an existing script that
could have already been changed. Since I do not have access to any
other PC with a Lucent modem, reports of success or failure would be
greatly appreciated.
Ken Martwick

  • Re: [BL] BL-3.40 and Lucent linmodems, Ken Martwick, 02/01/2006