baslinux - Re: [BL] Time to say goodbye

  • From: Samual Acorn <sam.acorn AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Time to say goodbye
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 00:12:35 -0600

LOL! i wonder what made me think that -that- was going to be said
*snickers*.... BL is cute... but my opinion sticks that on anything
newer than a 486 w/16 mb of ram its pointless for anything but
learning.... in fact IMO it is the -best- distro for learning(but
-only- learning)... start at the bottom/basics... and then work ones
way up... that way manual configs and compiles are not forigen to the
user but at least something as simple as telnet actually works...

486s and 72pin simm is hard to find anyway (ppl just give odd "whats
that" looks when i ask about 30pin... forget about ISA EMS cards...)..
trashcan finds consist of slot 'a' or super socket 7 cpu atx systems
w/168pin mem....