baslinux - Re: [BL] Help

  • From: Ron Clarke <ron AT ausreg.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Help
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 12:59:11 +1000

Hi Folks,

I am pleased to say I am making some progress.

I have downloaded and compiled the latest version of wvdial and its
libraries, in Slackware9.1, and I have actually logged on to this "improved"
ISP server.

But it did take "Stupid mode" to be enabled, and I had to specify "Stupid
mode" in the configuration file before I listed username and password.

Unfortunately, it tied up that particular "root" terminal, which will only
be returned to me when I log off/disconnect.

I see that I still have some work to do to get it running properly under
BL2, and I doubt very much that it will work under BL3.

I thank everyone for your help.

Regards,
Ron