baslinux - Re: [BL] ftp cannot find libreadline.so

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ftp cannot find libreadline.so
  • Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 15:10:42 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 5 May 2005, Long Nguyen wrote:

Hi all,

I installed the tcpip1.tgz package on my BL2 computer, ran ftp, and got the
error that said "error in loading shared library: libreadline.so.3, etc."
What
package does that library belong to? Could anybody help? Thanks.

Go to the directory containing MANIFEST.gz on your Slackware 7.1 CD or online where you download packages (I think it is in /slakware). Type zless MANIFEST.gz. Type / and then libreadline.so.3 and you will be shown the location where the file ends up on your computer. Page up until you see a listing of the package which contains the file. Install that package (or if you want to save space, just install the one file that begins with libreadline.so.3, and make your own symlink, for instance:
ln -s libreadline.so.3.1.2.3.4 libreadline.so.3).

-Long