baslinux - Re: [BL] How to change the kyeboard layout to European pc10

  • From: "Alejandro Lieber" <dos AT lieber.com.ar>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] How to change the kyeboard layout to European pc10
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 20:57:14

Jari:

I use a spanish keyboard with basic linux 3.2

This is my /etc/rc file:

#!/bin/sh
PATH=/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin
e2fsck -pf /dev/hda2 2>/dev/null
mount -avt nonfs
hostname BasicLinux
ifconfig lo 127.0.0.1
route add -net 127.0.0.0 netmask 255.0.0.0 lo

##_ACTIVATE_KEYBOARD_Espanol_##
/usr/bin/loadkeys /usr/lib/kbd/keytables/es.map

##_ACTIVATE_PPP_##
insmod slhc
insmod ppp

##_ACTIVATE_LPRINTER_##
insmod parport
insmod parport_pc io=0x3bc
insmod lp

setleds +num
cat /etc/issue

I kept only the loadkeys and es.map files.
Alejandro.

On 2 Mar 05 at 15:34, sindi keesan wrote:

> Console (text) keyboard or X keyboard? For console keyboard get kbd.tgz
> from Slackware (7.1 or 4.0, BL2 or BL3). It comes with a collection of
> alternate keyboards and you can also modify the standard one. For X use
> xmodmap to edit and some file has alternate X keyboards.
>
> We have users in many countries who can help more. I have only modified
> the standard keyboard (to work with my 84-key keyboard).
>
> On Wed, 2 Mar 2005, Jari Aalto wrote:
>

> > The default keyboard layout uses US, which maps the keys to rather
> > inconvenient places on pc105 used in Europe. What steps need to be done to
> > change the default layout? I would need fi/se keymap - not necessarily
> > with
> > the national keys working, but so that keys itself are in their correct
> > places.
> >
> > Jari

Read net news (USENET) with Arachne: http://www.lieber.com.ar/nnews.zip
Sans Serif fonts for MS-DOS at: http://www.lieber.com.ar/novafont.zip
Configurable dialing menu for several DOS internet programs at:
http://www.lieber.com.ar/dial_ip.zip

Ing. Alejandro Lieber
Rosario Argentina

  • Re: [BL] How to change the kyeboard layout to European pc10, Alejandro Lieber, 03/03/2005