baslinux - Re: [BL] File Transfer VIA Serial

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] File Transfer VIA Serial
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 16:58:56 +1300

Joel wrote:

> I'm wondering if there is a way to transfer files
> via serial cable

I assume it's a serial nullmodem cable (sometimes called
a serial laplink cable) that you are talking about?

> from BL3 to Windows.

I can certainly tell you about the BL3 side, but I know
very little about what Windows can do. I assume Windows
is capable of doing TCP/IP via an external modem, so if
you plug in a nullmodem cable instead of an external
modem, you might be able to establish a connection with
BL3 running pppd (as shown in /root/netsetup). BL3 can
certainly do this sort of connection (it is the usual way
of doing serial networking between two BL3 systems), but
in Windows you'll have to find a way to bypass dialing
(a null phone number?) and go straight to PPP start.

> Something along the lines of "Terminal" or something
> I would assume.

Once you get TCP/IP (via PPP) you will be able to use
smbclient or httpd or any other client/server that works
over TCP/IP.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru