baslinux - [BL] Using mutt

  • From: cce.zizkov AT volny.cz
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Using mutt
  • Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 20:05:02

Hi Sindi and list,

I installed the mutt-bl3.tgz on a fresh bl3.32 system.
It seemed to work well on console, even enclosed a jpg
file to a message. The base64 encoding will be the default
for any binary attachment. But you have to edit manually the
mime type in order to tell the recipient what kind of binary
file it is (image/jpg). If it is declared correctly the
receiver's mailcap routine can display the file automatically.

I have not found out yet, if mime.type is at the right place or not.
muttrc does definetely NOT contain the path to mime.type. I may have
to change the search path for mime.type before compiling mutt.
Anyway I need to recompile. Mutt really should support colours in X
window, not only in bl3 where Stephen supposes almost anything to be
run in X window.

I have already got quite a few things on my To-Do-List for
the improved versions. Thank you for your feedback.

Christof

Ceskobratrska cirkev evangelicka - Betlemska kaple na Zizkove
Prokopova 4/216, 130 00 Praha 3, Czech Republic
Tel. (+420) 222 78 06 73 / 222 78 20 02 / 603 18 87 53
http://www.volny.cz/cce.zizkov