baslinux - [BL] I am back

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] I am back
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 13:52:35 +0000

The email account I was using for BL mail suddenly got 'suspended' last
Wednesday, possibly because the actual owner did not remember to pay for
it (but I cannot contact him because my other email account where he also
has mail died Thursday). I have a new account now

Before I figured out how to get back here I asked Hal to post a few topics
for me (floppymeter results, using BL3 to rescue BL2). I still cannot get
rxvt to work with Xvesa as user, except on a machine where I also have the
full X installation. Any ideas what I am missing? xinit works if I do ln
-s Xvesa X. Is there any linux program that will print images (png, pbm)
from the command-line so I won't need X and lpd? I don't want to convert
them to pdf first.

Chris - regarding BL for your 386, I think BL3 uses a Slackware 7.1 kernel
that is compiled to also work on 386s (unlike BL2, 486 and later only).

Sindi

  • [BL] I am back, sindi keesan, 08/25/2004