baslinux - [BL] Another Linux Distrbution needed

  • From: "Denton He" <dentonio69 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Another Linux Distrbution needed
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 13:30:20 +1000

I'm looking for a Linux Distro that contains the following things:

- gcc (for compiling C/C++ files)
- vim (for editing C/C++ files)

and possibly:

- web browser
- ability to access network drives (possibly without using ftp/telnet/samba) ----> so i guess NFS is my only option?

I have a 386 with 4MB RAM and 40MB harddrive space, so i don't want any X Desktop thingys, console/shell based would be fine by me.

This might be pushing it a bit, but I was wondering if I could read Word Documents which are in Chinese with a Linux Distribution, and maybe even have a graphical web browser? But these two are not necessary

Could you guys please suggest a Linux distro that would suit these requests?

Thanks a lot

Denton

Get a Virgin Credit Card and win an adventure: http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;8661322;9498324;s?http://www.promo.com.au/virgincreditcard/firstbirthday/track.cfm?source=N92