baslinux - Re: [BL] Screen shots ?

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Screen shots ?
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 22:08:19 -0400 (EDT)

> Is there any reason why I would want to keep xterm in BL21, and
> not replace it with an rxvt ? In other words, what does xterm do that
> rxvt doesn't ?

In BL2 lynx won't run in rxvt, but it will in xterm. In Bl3, where Steven
compiled his own rxvt, lynx works in rxvt. Of course lynx will work in
BL2 in console mode with zgv as the viewer. (Zgv has a lot of
dependencies so you can save disk space in BL3 by using xli in X instead
as the viewer.)

Sindi