baslinux - Re: [BL] Win98/linux coexistence problems

  • From: Hal MacArgle <halinux AT kvinet.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Win98/linux coexistence problems
  • Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 12:56:00 -0400

On 05-07, Dustin MacDonald wrote:
> Alright, thanks. Oh, and about the transfering BL from on computer to
> another, couldn't you use SneakerNet, or CD?

Watching the thread I didn't see: With cat 5 cable and more
than one host, you need a hub.. Between two hosts only a cross over
cable of course..

SneakerNet ok for small files unless you include Zip100/250
or the newer Zip configuration as well as many others including tape.

Coax may be a Neanderthal but it's shielded much better than
the twisted stuff if any use it in a Amateur Radio Shack, and you
don't need a hub for several hosts.. RG58, 50 ohm, cable and BNC
connectors around for years and not obsolete because they're great..
Plus do-it-yourselfers can handle them without having to buy a RJ45
tool.

Just my twp pence worth. <grin> Good discussions...

Hal - in Terra Alta, WV - Slackware GNU/Linux 9.0 (2.4.20)

Anyone can pile complexity upon complexity;
only a genius can truly simplify..
.