baslinux - Re: [BL] Re: Order (fwd)

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: ichi AT actrix.co.nz
  • Cc: 71cm-s9q8 AT dea.spamcon.org, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re: Order (fwd)
  • Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 04:45:07 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 1 May 2004 ichi AT actrix.co.nz wrote:

> Sindi Keesan wrote:
> >
> > This worm appears to have been sent by [192.168.0.71] and
> > received by the ISP web01-nyc.clicvu.com, which could be
> > the address of a list member who is not currently active.
>
> I have looked through all 98 current list members and none
> of them are @clicvu.com

In most cases the bottom-most received address is similar to the address
from which the mail was sent, but for a few of us it is not:

For instance: Alejandro Lieber is dos AT lieber.com but the received line
indicates he is actually sending from dup.prima.net.ar

James is jamtat AT mailsnare.net but his mail is first received by
marqnet.mu.edu and the X-X-sender is jamtat@debian-emach

gscs AT nella.net.au mail is first received by datafast.net.au

and keesan AT iamjlamb.com mail is received by austin.triohost.com, which is
the name of a webhosting computer where my friend j. lamb has set up his
own account that I am sharing, with his own domain name iamjlamb.com
X-X-Sender keesan AT austin.trio.host.

So the clicvu mail could have a different address on the list of 98
current members. Is there any way you can figure this out?

  • Re: [BL] Re: Order (fwd), Sindi Keesan, 05/01/2004