baslinux - [BL] Newer versions of Slackware

  • From: Matrix Mole <matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: BasLinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [BL] Newer versions of Slackware
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 03:54:51 +0000 (UTC)

Greetings fellow BL junkies :)
I was browsing through the slackware linux projects archives, and saw that
some of the downloadable files are labled as being for i486 as opposed to
those that are for the i386. I'm assuming that this is partially a result
of the newer packages designed for the built in math coprocessor of the
486 as opposed to the packages that can work fine without a math co-. Am I
correct in this belief, or is it something else related to the 386 vs. 486
architecture?

Matrix Mole
matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org