baslinux - Re: [BL] unresolved symbol error in module load

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] unresolved symbol error in module load
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 07:18:27 +1200

Matrix Mole wrote:

> /<#>insmod appletalk.o
> Using /lib/modules/2.2.16/misc/appletalk.o
> insmod: unresolved symbol sk_run_filter
> insmod: unresolved symbol call_out_firewall
> insmod: unresolved symbol register_snap_client
> insmod: unresolved symbol call_in_firewall
> insmod: unresolved symbol unregister_snap_client
> insmod: unresolved symbol call_fw_firewall

Those unresolved symbol erros mean something is missing:
either a helper module or a fundamental kernel capability.

> I figure it has something to do with the kernel build,

You are right. modules.dep shows no helper module for
appletalk.o so something fundamental is missing in the
slim BL3 kernel.

> and will more than likely have to recompile the kernel myself.

That's probably not necessary. Just substitute the bare.i kernel
from Slackware 7.1