baslinux - [BL] Re: help with compiling for basiclinux (fwd)

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Re: help with compiling for basiclinux (fwd)
  • Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 15:07:19 -0500 (EST)

Doug Kafuman helped me to compile with the same mixed system of newer
runtime libraries and older compiler libraries. We had all sorts of
problems and apparently this is why I had to recompile every program that
I needed to use with lynx (ncurses, zlib, openssl). The runtime libraries
that I created this way would not even work (ncurses would not, I had to
reinstall a version from SW8.0). This is also the computer where plip
will not work (nc - connection refused). I have it working fine now
between two other computers and I think it used to work with this one,
probably before I updated the runtime libraries.

I think from now on I will not attempt to compile on a hybrid system of
this sort. What do I need to do in order to get back the original runtime
libraries? I will leave my original linux computer set up to compile for
BL2 with the older libraries, and either not compile on any other linux
comupters, or update both sets of libraries (and compile only static
programs).