baslinux - Re: [BL] pmail message size limit

  • From: "Samuel W. Heywood" <sheywood AT shentel.net>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] pmail message size limit
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 06:19:04 +0500

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 05:37:53 -0500 (EST) Ian Scott <mriscott AT yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

>Hi,

>I've recently started using the ramdisk version of BL2 for quick web
>sessions
>(sooo much quicker to boot than my 'full' debian linux, or win98).

>However, pmail is refusing to download half my messages, because they
>are too
>big.

>Has anyone else had this?

>Is there a way to change the max size of message it will download? I
>had a
>google, but I couldn't find any info on pmail (it kept telling me about
>Pegasus Mail, which is a far bigger beast!)

The default max size limitatation is 10K as I recall. Any message
bigger than that will not be downloaded. You may change the default
simply by editing the line that says "quota:" in the file ".pmailrc",
which is located in the root directory.

Sam Heywood