baslinux - Re: [BL] Re: Newbie - Getting started with basic linux?

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: celise AT Prodigy.net.mx, <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re: Newbie - Getting started with basic linux?
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 10:53:51 -0500 (EST)

If Ernesto wants to transfer the 178MB baslinux.gz file (to his laptop in
order to install it on the hard drive there, I suggest using:

A. The split.exe program provided with BL2 (after unzipping the .zip
file) if you can understand how to use it. If you don't understand ask
here for help. I found another larger program online (rzsplit) that I was
better able to understand.

B. A serial or a parallel transfer cable and program for DOS if you have
those. We use laplink pro but DOS comes with interlnk/intersvr which are
more complicated to use since you need to put them in config.sys somehow.