baslinux - [BL] plipconfig question

  • From: Rob <bsdfalacy AT shaw.ca>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] plipconfig question
  • Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 17:01:03 -0800

Hello All,

Well, in an effort to tweak the plip interface (which I was able to get
working with BL2 and Slackware9.1), I pulled the plipconfig file out of the
tcpip1 package (n6/tcpip1.tgz). However, when I attempt to use it this is
what happens,

<#> plipconfig nibble 2000 trigger 200
ioctl: No such device
<#>dar, stupid computer!
bash: dar,: command not found

With my 120mb hd, I really can't justify installing all of the tcpip
packages,
especailly considering I won't be using much of them. Would anyone know what
files I am missing that would cause BL2.1 to come up with this ioctl error?

I've referenced the man pages for everything I can think of that may be
involved, but I have not come to a solution.

Once I am able to get plipconfig running and I tweak the system so as to
remove all of the annoying transmit timeout errors, I'll post a package/
how-to geared toward old, old CD/NICless laptops like my Compaq LTE Lite/25E.
It's been quite the journy, let me tell you!

Rob.