baslinux - Re: [BL] man-groff-libc problem

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] man-groff-libc problem
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 16:42:37 +1300

Sheldon Isaac wrote:

> In BL2.1, man didn't work, so I got and installed man and groff,
> as indicated somewhere.
> It still doesn't work, and apparently (from Googling) lots of
> other people run into the error message that
> libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2 can't be found.
> But I didn't find that file.
> Help/advice, please? My head is spinning.

The following is from "How to add new packages to BasicLinux"
at the BasicLinux site:
Adding manpages to BasicLinux
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This requires five packages (and fills 8mb of HD space).
First, you need the manpages and the man command -- that's
two packages. Groff is used to decifer the manpages and
less is used to display them, so that's two more. Groff
needs a special library -- that's five.

installpkg man.tgz ## a9
installpkg manpages.tgz ## ap1
installpkg groff.tgz ## ap1
installpkg less.tgz ## a7
installpkg cxxlibs.tgz ## a3

You will also find instructions for installing Midnight
Commander and the C compiler there.