baslinux - Re: [BL] Load DIR_COLORS at boot time..

  • From: Matrix Mole <matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Load DIR_COLORS at boot time..
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 10:47:39 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, Paulo Orvalho wrote:

> Is it possible to load DIR_COLORS at boot time in a HD install...
>
> Tried to put alias ls='ls --color' in rc.S and rc.M but no deal...
>
> Can someone help...
>
> Thanks...

Put the alias in either .profile or profile in your home directory.
Whichever is present. You'll know when you have the right one, it'll have
other alias' listed already :) If memory serves correct, there's a profile
in /etc as well, but I'm not 100% sure on that. I think that's really only
usefull in a multi-user system as it's loaded for all users. Whereas the
profile file in the home directory is useable by each individual only.

matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org