baslinux - Re: [BL] BL 1.8 and x332bin.tgz

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL 1.8 and x332bin.tgz
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 17:43:16 +1200

Otto Werner wrote:

> Now I try to install X to install a browser, with GUI.
> But I can only transfer all dates with a floppy,
> x332bin.tgz is to big.

Does the computer have a modem? If so, use wget or links
to download x332bin.tgz from the internet (or from another
computer with a modem).

Do you have a laplink/null-modem/interlnk cable? If so,
you can use it to transfer x332bin.tgz from another computer.

Do you have a spare HD? If so, you could slave it to another
computer, copy the file(s) to the HD and then slave it to the
target computer.

If none of the above is suitable, you could split x332bin.tgz
(using DOS or Linux), copy the pieces via floppies, and reassemble
them in BL1 using "cat". The current version of BL2 uses DOS
split to create the floppy version (split.exe is included in
make_fd.zip). The Linux version of split is in the Slackware
txtutils.tgz package.