baslinux - Re: [BL] Re: Where is the install script

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: celise AT Prodigy.Net.mx, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re: Where is the install script
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 20:04:47 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, Ernesto Celis wrote:

> Thanks to Steven and James for your replys, I solve the
> problem using other Slackawre CD what I have. The strange is
> it, the CD with capital leters was copied from my other
> Slackware CD. The only diference it's, one is unable to boot
> (the original CD) and the copy is a bootable CD (this one
> has the capital leters problem).

You're welcome. Probably you copied the CD on a Win machine? Windows is
largely indifferent to case. I've had programs that, when I went to use
them under WINE in Linux, would not work because of case in directory
names. Some directories were in upper case, some in lower. Under
Windows, the program worked fine and all the directories were found. When
I went to run this program on Linux though, I kept getting directory not
found errors. I finally figured out it was related to case, and I had to
go in and change about 1/2 of the directory names to the right case.
Then, the program worked fine.

James