baslinux - Re: [BL] Beowulf cluster

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Beowulf cluster
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 09:02:34 +1200

Krzysztof A. Suchecki wrote:

> Does anybody tried to built a Beowulf-style cluster
> with BasicLinux (plus some deamons of course)?

With OpenMosix the kernel does the work (I don't think
it needs extra daemons). If you want to experiment, I
suggest you use an OpenMosix 2.4.20 kernel. Slackware 9.0
uses a 2.4.20 kernel, so you can probably get any modules
you need from there. I think the LOAF floppy also uses
2.4.20.

I haven't tried booting the BL2 filesystem with a 2.4.20
kernel, but it might work without modification. Then all
you need to do is add the OpenMosix config files (I don't
think they are very large).