baslinux - Re: [BL] 2.1 on HD read only problem

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] 2.1 on HD read only problem
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 11:19:17 +1200

Jesper wrote:

> I just installed BL2.1 onto a harddisk. I used the install command
> and everything seemed to go fine. However, when I try to run setup
> after rebooting and login, it sais "opened disk read only, you have
> no permission to write"
>
> What's the deal?

Your loadlin line (in BOOT.BAT on your DOS partition) should have
ro (read-only). Then when Linux boots, the fsck (in /etc/rc.d/rc.S)
checks the filesystem (which can only be done when it is ro) and then
re-mounts the filesystem as rw (read-write).

Since your system is coming up read-only, I must assume that something
is tripping up the fsck. In order to figurre out where the problem
lies, please send a copy of your BOOT.BAT and your /etc/fstab