baslinux - Re: [BL] Adding users

  • From: Andrew Langdon-Davies <ald2 AT arrakis.es>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Adding users
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 21:00:30 +0200

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 10:02:29 -0700, Ben <benwei AT veriwave.com> wrote:

I notice that BL is essentially set up as a single-user system, with not even a 'passwd' command or any of the user management scripts. How can I convert it into a multi-user system?

I did it by adding a packet called uadddel and shadow. Perhaps those who know could confirm that this is all that is needed as I am having one small problem (see 'mounting by user' thread on this list). Is uadddel suitable for BL2 or only for BL1? (Sorry: this is not intended to be a hijack)
TIA Andrew